Mr. Foot sees "smackdown" storm coming
I missed this when it appeared last week. Some kind of problem with my "Favorites" list. Anyway, Mr. Foot, a Baltimore County science teacher and Maryland weather watcher much-consulted by county teachers and students eager for a snow break in winter time, is forecasting a "smackdown" storm here by mid-month.
"I've maintained a position that the atmosphere is primed and ready to deliver, all we wait for now is "Only Time." I realize we haven't dug out the Thanksgiving decorations yet, but I can't resist the urge to tell you that before long, we will be reveling in the sight of "White in the Winter Night."
Here's the sequence for his early-season prognostications:
* 11/01-09: A mild to cool period then brief warmup
* 11/10-15: Possible outbreak of Arctic air on or before 11/15
* In same week, a "smackdown" storm with snow at the onset
* 11/15-25: "yo-yo" period of below then above-normal temps
* 11/25-12/5: Seasonal temps leading to kickoff event by 12/5.
(SUN PHOTO/David Hobby/McHenry, Md., October 2006)